On Mon, 16 May 2011 09:29:19 -0700, Jameson Graef Rollins
<jroll...@finestructure.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2011 11:27:52 -0400, Jesse Rosenthal <jrosent...@jhu.edu>
> wrote:
> > The decision, if I remember correctly, was that regions are so intuitive
> > for emacs users, and many people reported trying to tag by region
> > without thinking about it, that this approach would make sense for the
> > emacs interface. In other words, keep the emacs interface emacsy. I
> > think I still agree with that, since I feel like having both would be
> > confusing (what do you do when you select a marked-line in a region?)
> > and I like the one I tend toward intuitively. But I certainly see the
> > benefit of the other functionality as well.
>
> I should mention that in my experience it's usually not that hard to
> construct searches (or filters on searches) that pair down to just the
> messages you want to tag, in which case you can just tag the entire
> buffer.

Maybe its more a question of key bindings:
1. add some special tag to messages
2. filter on this tag
3. do something with the whole buffer
4. remove special tag from all messages
5. close filter

I'd welcome a standard set of key bindings for it.

--
Florian Friesdorf <f...@chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083