On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 00:22:04 +0400, Dmitry Kurochkin
<dmitry.kuroch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 13:05:00 -0700, Carl Worth <cwo...@cworth.org> wrote:
> > > I do not think we need a test for this fix.  What we need are tests for
> > > FCC functionality when notmuch-fcc-dirs is a list.
> >
> > Yes!

I've written these now. And they do test this fix. What they show is
that a legitimate setting (of notmuch-fcc-dirs as a list) was resulting
in an error rather than working. That's a nasty little bug, (and poor
coverage from our test suite before.

>   Fix wrong-type-argument lisp error in `notmuch-fcc-header-setup' when
>   `notmuch-fcc-dirs' is set to a list.  The error was in the
>   `notmuch-fcc-dirs' format check which was changed in an incompatible
>   way from 0.4 to 0.5.

Thanks for the fixed wording. I've now pushed out the fix (along with
the tests).

With all the talk of "old style" vs. "new style" I was thinking that the
bug only affected people with the old-style FCC setting. The bug is much
worse than that, (preventing people from using the new list-based
style).

Anyway, thanks for the patch, Dmitry. And thanks for pushing me to take
another look.

David, I suggest including this fix (and its test) in the release
branch.

-Carl

--
carl.d.wo...@intel.com