On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:49:35 +0200, Matthieu Lemerre <ra...@free.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 09:25:41 -0400, Austin Clements <amdra...@mit.edu> wrote:
> > * Make SPC mark the *current* message read and move to the next one,
> > rather than moving to the next and marking it read.  This way, you're
> > acknowledging the message as read once you've actually read it, rather
> > than having notmuch mark it read before you've actually read it.
>
> I agree. I think it's up to the user to define whether he read the
> message. In fact as a consequence, I have no use of the 'unread' tag.

I would like to argue very strongly in favor of the current behavior of
the "unread" tag (since I'm actually the one that designed it).  I want
the unread flag to always just be handled automatically, being
automatically removed when I view a message without me having to do
anything.  If users want to have tags that they manually control, they
should just define those tags in the new.tags config.

jamie.