On Sat, Aug 11 2012, Ciprian Dorin Craciun <ciprian.crac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>     My problem with it is that it doesn't scale... And I don't mean
> this in a theoretical sense, I mean it in the concrete one: I have
> about 661k emails... And a single `notmuch sync` takes a few tens of
> seconds...

Hey, Ciprian.  That sounds really slow, which makes me wonder if there
are other things going on here.  I have 155k messages, but notmuch new
takes a fraction of a second for me.  This initial indexing certainly
takes a long time (hours potentially), but additions after that should
be really fast.  What version of notmuch are you using?  What version of
xapian?

jamie.