Le 17/10/2012 18:53, Ethan Glasser-Camp a écrit :
Adrien Bustany <adr...@bustany.org> writes:

This method explicitly flushes the pending modifications to disk. It is
useful if your program has various threads, each with a read only DB and
one writer thread with a read/write DB. In that case, you most likely
want the writer to sync the changes to disk so that the readers can see
them, without having to close and reopen the database completely.

These patches are pretty straightforward. But to conform to notmuch style..

+notmuch_status_t
+notmuch_database_flush(notmuch_database_t *notmuch)
+{
+       notmuch_status_t status = NOTMUCH_STATUS_SUCCESS;

Indent is 4 spaces. (You have tabs here, which are 8 spaces, according
to devel/STYLE.)

+       try {
+       if (notmuch->xapian_db != NULL &&

if should be more indented than try. (So when you pull try back to 4
spaces, leave if at 8 spaces.)

Sorry about that... I think I copied the style from notmuch_database_close, but my editor was set to have 4-space tabs, so I got confused. I'll send a fixed version of the patches.

+           notmuch->mode == NOTMUCH_DATABASE_MODE_READ_WRITE)
+               (static_cast <Xapian::WritableDatabase *>
(notmuch->xapian_db))->flush ();

This line is 90 characters, and will remain at 86 once you indent using
the in-house style. I'm not sure if it's worth reformatting.
notmuch_database_close calls flush() using exactly the same 86-character
line. I'd say "don't make it worse", but personally I think breaking
this line might be worse.

Yes, I also think breaking this line will not make things prettier :-/

Ethan

Thanks for the review!

Adrien