Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> From: "Kirill A. Shutemov" <kir...@shutemov.name>
>
> Inserting empty lines at the end of reply buffer and switching to insert
> mode are not what user want on reply. It's only annoying if you try to
> comment on patch.
>
> If a user really wants this kind of preparation it should be implemented
> as an user-specific hook.

Insert mode, maybe, but the empty lines don't hurt. See, with your patch I end
up in:

>                       part = orig.find_first_text
>                       part.convert.each_line do |l|
>                               body_lines << "> %s" % l.chomp
> --
> 1.7.10.4              <- HERE
>
> --

I cannot type there, and in any case I have to remove those lines, so I end
selecting the text upwards and remove them.

With the current code:

>                       part = orig.find_first_text
>                       part.convert.each_line do |l|
>                               body_lines << "> %s" % l.chomp
> --
> 1.7.10.4
>
>                       <- HERE
>
> --

Not much of a difference, I still have to select the lines upwards and remove
them.

That is of course if you reply *inline*. You might want to reply to the whole
thing without modifications, in which case the original behavior is more
useful.

I'm not strongly opposed to this, but I don't see why those extra lines would
hurt.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras