"W. Trevor King" <wk...@tremily.us> writes:

> Ah, I thought the implicit flush/commit was just in our code.  Since
> it's also in the underlying Xapian close, then this patch looks pretty
> good to me.  I'd mention Xapian's explicit close in the notmuch.
> message.  Xapain's docs say [1]:
>
>   For a WritableDatabase, if a transaction is active it will be
>   aborted, while if no transaction is active commit() will be
>   implicitly called.

I'm not sure what you're asking for here by "explicit close". Isn't what
you quote a restatement of

+ * If the caller is currently in an atomic section (there was a
+ * notmuch_database_begin_atomic without a matching
+ * notmuch_database_end_atomic), this will abort the atomic
section,
+ * discarding any modifications made in the atomic section.

in terms of underyling Xapian mechanics?

P.S. Other than whatever this doc question is, the patch looks ok to me.