Hi,

Sometimes I need to do:

$ notmuch search --output=threads "id:MYMSGID"
thread:000000000000a125
$ notmuch search --output=messages "thread:000000000000a125"

In theory, this should output the message that responded to message ID
"MYMSGID". Sometimes it works. But sometimes it does not work. That
is, there exists an email where I am sure (I checked the raw email)
that there is a header
but that email does not show when I do the two commands above.
Indeed, that mail belongs to a different thread ID.

I am just curious if the above is due to:

1. My missing of understanding of how notmuch deals with threads
2. A bug or missing feature in notmuch causes some threads to be incomplete

By the way, my goal is to use Suvayu's script to check if a message
was responded to.

Kind regards,

Xu