David Bremner <da...@tethera.net> writes:

>> No path means path=None, which stands for the path from
>> ~/.notmuch-config. That's exactly what I want. Is there some reason not
>> to rely on this mechanism?
>
> Oh sorry, I'm (obviously) not that familiar with the python bindings.

Nothing to do with Konrad's crash, but I consider the fact that the
python bindings read ~/.notmuch-config to be a kind of layering
violation, since that file belongs to the CLI, while the bindings are
supposed to provide access to libnotmuch. Whether this is a real problem
or just an aesthetic one, I'm not sure, but I thought I'd mention it
since we are thinking of various config related issues. Obviously the
location of the database is not one of the things it makes sense to
store in the database. I can imagine scenarios where the bindings might
be usable without the CLI, but they seem fairly artificial so far, since
it seems like almost everyone needs notmuch-new / notmuch-insert.