On 12/01/16 20:13, W. Trevor King wrote:

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 03:03:15PM -0400, David Bremner wrote:
Nothing to do with Konrad's crash, but I consider the fact that the
python bindings read ~/.notmuch-config to be a kind of layering
violation, since that file belongs to the CLI, while the bindings
are supposed to provide access to libnotmuch.

I think of ~/.notmuch-config as being shared between all client code,
and in that view it makes sense to have both the CLI and Python
bindings (and other bindings) access it to figure out how to configure

I agree. I see notmuch as a collection of CLI tools, some of which are part of the distribution and others are written by myself for my specific needs. I'd like them all to share a single configuration file. In fact, I'd love to be able to add sections specific to my Python scripts.

Cheers,
  Konrad.