David Bremner writes on February 24, 2016 18:48:
Gaute Hope <e...@gaute.vetsj.com> writes:

Hi,

I am wondering how the different frontends deal with displaying large
queries? Do you just display everything at the time? Or do you display a
limited number and then show more on-demand?

I only know the emacs front end, and I suspect the answer won't help you
much. We start filling an emacs buffer asynchronously with the results,
and display the top of the buffer with the first results.  Results are
appended to the end of the buffer, typically much faster than the user
can scroll.

Hi,

I am testing out this way of loading threads, however, I run into an
issue which I have been bugging you with before:

While loading the threads, if I make enough modifications to the
database while the query is still loading (specifically 1: removing the
unread tag from a thread, and 2: adding the unread tag to the same thread)
apparently the query is invalidated in some way, and I get a hard crash
in `notmuch_tags_get ()`.

The thread in question has alreaday been loaded and is displayed.

Do you deal with this issue in some way?

[ code in question: https://github.com/gauteh/astroid/pull/95 ]

Regards, Gaute