Hi,

I use mbsync + notmuch to sync my gmail. The problem is that Google's
IMAP implementation is non-standard and when I deleted a file locally,
mbsync propagates the deletion, but gmail doesn't delete the
message.

This is part of mbsync:

SyncState *
Sync All
Expunge Both
Create Both

When I delete a message, the macro passes the tag 'delete'. Before
syncing, the script runs:

notmuch search --output=files tag:delete | xargs -l rm

By playing with the IMAP settings in gmail, I got it so that the mail
vanishes from the 'inbox' label, but it's still in 'All Mails'. I also
tried moving it to a "[GMail]/Trash" folder locally and syncing that,
but it didn't work.

Any ideas?

  Sebastian