On Sat, 2016-10-22 at 12:55 +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
> Any ideas how to get a list of mime types in shell, so I could do the
> same in bash completion without hard-coding some limited list?

Not sure if this is really what you're looking for, but on my archlinux
system, the file /etc/mime.types is installed by a package called mime-
types, which lists this gentoo package as its upstream:

http://packages.gentoo.org/package/app-misc/mime-types

It's pulled in as a dependency of installing firefox, so presumably
some version of this is pretty ubiquitous on Linux systems.

          --- Keith