David Bremner <da...@tethera.net> writes:

> Brian Sniffen <b...@evenmere.org> writes:
>

>>> OK, but the patch proposed works both for people who want to be notified
>>> of this problem, and those that don't (with appropriate shell wrapping
>>> checking the return code).
>>
>> I think it will loop; how do I guarantee termination and indexing of all
>> present messages if deletions cause errors?
>>
>> -Brian
>
> stop deleting things? You can't guarantee termination and indexing of
> all present messages by ignoring deletions either.

Sorry, that was written in haste. Of course if that's your goal ignoring
deletions is ok, but renames will still get you, and we have no way of
knowing the difference.  In any case, I was more thinking that people
who want to ignore deletions could check for the specific error code and
consider that not-an-error.