> Hi Manuel,
 >
 > I got notmuch working on OS X, yes. I was on an OS X 10.4 system and
 > used macports for Xapian and GMime. Then I compiled talloc from source,
 > (which went fine), and compiled notmuch (which did have some issues with
 > OS X, but I fixed those---that was the reason why I went through this
 > exercise).

Thanks for your help. I did get it running in the end (I think). I had
to get the latest version (which I guess has your changes) and was
finally left with only this error in talloc compilation:

 > gcc -dynamiclib -Wl,-search_paths_first -undefined error -o
 > libtalloc.dylib.2.0.0 ./talloc.o  ./libreplace/replace.o
 > ./libreplace/snprintf.o ./libreplace/getpass.o strptime.o   libtalloc.dylib.2
 >
 > i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: libtalloc.dylib.2: No such file or directory
 > make: *** [libtalloc.dylib.2.0.0] Error 1

(seems like a variable is not defined well in the makefile). Taking
the last "libtalloc.dylib.2" out it seems to compile and so does
notmuch, which seems to run fine.

Now to trying it within emacs. Here the snag is that notmuch.el uses
apply-partially, which I think is an emacs 23 addtition.

I am still using 22.3. I can upgrade but then some things are broken
in 23 that make some of the other things I use not work.

Thanks for the pointer to the list and for your efforts. Notmuch looks
very interesting.

Manuel

 Manuel Hermenegildo                     | Prof., C.S.Dept., T.U. Madrid (UPM)
 Director, IMDEA Software and CLIP Group | +34-91-336-7435 (W) -352-4819 (Fax)