On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 07:38:37 +0000, Jani Nikula <jani at nikula.org> wrote:
> To amend that (with mostly historical and not so helpful info), notmuch
> used to have the ability to sync the "deleted" tag with the T
> ("trashed") maildir flag (with maildir.synchronize_flags option
> set). Other mail clients or offlineimap were then able to delete the
> mails locally and/or on a server. However, this too had some issues
> (concerning multiple files with the same message-id) making it
> potentially dangerous, and was removed [1]. Whether this feature ever
> makes a comeback depends on someone tackling the problems. And taking
> into account the fact that current users of the deleted tag probably do
> not expect the files to be actually deleted.

I rolled patches for this in the past, see the following message:

id:"1310874973-28437-1-git-send-email-anarcat at koumbit.org"
id:"1310874973-28437-2-git-send-email-anarcat at koumbit.org"

They were indeed refused by the community, but I felt they were still
useful.

I do not use those patches nowadays, however, but to me they would fit
in a broader architectural view of notmuch, where tags are not only
metadata sitting outside of your email, but is also written to the
messages themselves.

The idea is that you can then run notmuch from multiple places without
having to worry about synchronising your tags manually: the tags would
sit in the messages themselves.

A.
--
Ce que les si?cles des grands abatoirs nous aura appris
Devrait ?tre inscrit au fond de toutes les ?coles;