I've either stumbled across a bug in the handling of named queries or
(more likely) a bug in their documentation.  I've tried creating some
named queries by adding the following three lines to my
.notmuch-config file.

[query]
sasview=from:sasview.org or (from:github subject:sasview) or (from:github
subject:sasmodels)
mantid=from:mantidproject.org

If I run `notmuch config list`, the following lines are amongst the output

crypto.gpg_path=gpg
query.sasview=from:sasview.org or (from:github subject:sasview) or (from:github
subject:sasmodels)
query.mantid=from:mantidproject.org
built_with.compact=true

However, the queries do not seem to work.

$ notmuch count from:mantidproject.org
7
$ notmuch count query:mantid
0

Also, while the output from `notmuch config list` showed both queries,
trying to view them gives no result.

$ notmuch config get mantid

$

I'm guessing that the queries aren't configured properly, but I can't
seem to find any documentation that indicates that I'm doing something
wrong.  The man page for notmuch-config states that the explanation
for named queries is in notmuch-search-terms, which, in turn, points
back to notmuch-config.

Is this a bug or have I declared my queries incorrectly?