On Fri, Feb 09 2018, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

// stuff deleted

> I've stated my preference before to move all the configuration into the
> database, and to deprecate the config file (except for the database
> directory itself?), because i think it would simplify and clarify
> matters.  Alas, i don't have a lot of time to do this kind of
> refactoring right now.

I agree with this, and are in same position -- currently lacking time
(days filled in SF,CA a few more days)...

But to emphasize my desire (where I can contribute to) and something
Carl was worried at that we'd lose capability to edit configuration
file with an editor I think we sould have a way to export the configuration
to easily editable file and then import it after modifications.

Tomi

PS: I've thought when I'm moving from Fluxbox/X11 to some wayland based
environment -- and if that environment is Enlightenment, then I'll need
a way to convert configuration files to text format (and back) and save
those to git repository (as I'm currently doing w/ Fluxbox configs).
Hopefully they (already) have way to do that, but if not then... But
if anyone knows an alternative with decent amount of configurability
I'd be interested to know...

// stuff deleted