On Mon, Jan 18 2021, David Edmondson wrote:

> On Monday, 2021-01-18 at 14:28:02 -04, David Bremner wrote:
>
>> David Edmondson <d...@dme.org> writes:
>>> Now, it would be nice to be able to say something like...
>>>
>>> notmuch show --format=sexp --body=false \
>>>   --headers=received-by,face,x-face \
>>>   id:foo
>>>
>>> ...to get some extra headers in the sexp output, but I didn't look at it
>>> yet.
>>
>> There was a series at id:20191122230730.35712-2-johan.pa...@gmail.com
>> that got stalled due to (I think) some issues with passing around
>> configuration information.
>
> I will go and look at this.
>
>>> The proposed change seems like a simple, obvious improvement that is
>>> entirely in-line with the existing interface and implementation. Is
>>> there any reason not to do it?
>>
>> I'm just nervous about more legacy formats. I think we will get the
>> arbitrary headers thing working eventually, but I can see it might take
>> some time.
>
> Are we ever likely to get rid of the raw format? I use it quite a bit,
> and it seems to be relatively low complexity and simple to support.

Now that I tried I kinda like it (and seems useful, which I don't know
whether 'text' is). It would also be nice that with raw format more
than one message could match (just like text).

Also, this --body=false sound good. I looked the patch a bit yesterday,
and wondered whether it could be made simpler (or whether it is consistent
how that is done in other formats...)

Tomi