On 8/5/21 3:44 AM, David Bremner wrote
I started thinking about how I would add this feature and was thinking
it might be better to support in the configuration by using semi-colon
separated values like some of the other config options. For example:

header.Spam=X-Spam;X-Spam-Result

Does this seem a reasonable way to go? Is this an extension of the
custom header indexing behavior that you would be interested in?
It sounds reasonable.

Finally, any suggestions for approaching an implementation? In
particular, I believe there were some recent changes to also store the
configuration in the database. Any thoughts on how this suggestion would
interact with that?
An implementation would need to update
_notmuch_message_index_user_headers to iterate (using
notmuch_config_get_values_string) over the desired headers. Basically
the call to `_notmuch_message_gen_terms` needs to be repeated once for
each header, using the same value for `prefix_name`.

And of course the tests and notmuch-search-terms(7) would need to be
updated.

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. The time it has taken me to respond to this thread is a fairly accurate indication of the amount of time I have to work on this right now, but it is something that I'd definitely would find useful so I'll plug away on it when I can make time and update the list when I hopefully get something working.

Thanks again, Keith