Hello,

On 2021-08-01 23:11, David Bremner <da...@tethera.net> writes:

> With commit 37f84d6d2 (only in master currently), much larger threads
> should be displayable in unthreaded view, e.g using M-x
> notmuch-unthreaded

I just updated to 0.32.3, and I confirm a message is displayed quite
fast (if I set notmuch-show-only-matching-messages to t). However, if I
choose a message too deep in the thread, I get an error

show-insert-thread: Lisp nesting exceeds ‘max-lisp-eval-depth’

and the message is not displayed.

After experimenting a bit, it seems this is happening when the messages
in the thread are encrypted. I don’t seem to be able to reproduce this
error with messages that are not encrypted.

Could something special be happening with long threads of encrypted
messages?

Thanks,

Alan