On Wed 2022-11-09 12:58:18 -0800, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote:
> Personally I think it would make sense to have % cycle through
> duplicates, with some indicator of which duplicate we're currently on.
> I wouldn't even bother with the suggested prefixed behavior if we just
> had the cycle behavior.

In my notmuch-show buffer, there already is an indicator in the
right-hand side of any message that has duplicates, so that part doesn't
require any extra work.

In the event that i get a malicious load of dozens of duplicates and i
identify that one of them is of particular interest, i might want the
current behavior available so that i can get back to "duplicate 17"
without hitting '%' 16 times in a row.  But i haven't had that situation
happen yet -- the other situation with a pair of dups is much more
common.

it even happened with this message i'm replying to here, b/c one copy of
the message came straight from Jamie's MUA and the other was routed
through the mailing list.  It'd be kind of nice in a nerdy way to make
the mailman footer disappear and reappear just by hitting '%' ☺

        --dkg