On Thu, May 16 2024, Richard Stanton wrote:

> Today I received an email with (raw) subject line
>
> Subject: =?UTF-8?B?8J+Pi++4jw==?= A SALE to boost your
>  =?UTF-8?Q?workout=0D=0A?=
>
> When displayed in Emacs in either unthreaded or tree mode, “^M” appears after
> the word “workout”, and the displayed line is split into two, like this:
>
>  Today 07:12  Jabra                🏋️ A SALE to boost your workout^M
>                        (important inbox)
>
> It would probably be a good idea to check for, and remove, carriage return
> characters in the subject line.

It depends how common it is to see those (ugly?) ^M characters there?

... and is it so that the Newline(=0A) splits the line in two.

-- and is the behavior different in some other modes (I (mostly) just use
notmuch-search and notmuch-show modes so cannot recall how other views
look like...

The problem would be worse if carriage return (=0D) moved the cursor
to the beginning of line and following text ovewrote what were there.

Tomi