Marcin Slusarz wrote:
I think it may be already fixed by commit
94f54f5336aac6801f2a14dcb12467e41b35456a
"drm/nv50: encoder creation failure doesn't mean full init failure" (post
3.9-rc2)

With the latest 3.9-rc2+ git, I got past the KMS init blackout and into X, but I got a panic shortly after.

Unfortunately, the trace was too lengthy to see in which module, and since it wasn't captured /var/log/syslog, I have no idea whether it has anything to do with nouveau or something else.

tl;dr: It would seem that the commit fixes the specific bug I reported, but my system isn't functional.

Thank you so far anyway,

Sune Mølgaard

--
Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is
opinion.