On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Rudolf Künzli <rudolf.kun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> GeForce GTX 745 is a NVIDIA card in the NV117 (GM107) Family...
> The update was made using DNF (Yum) in my daily update procedure using
> the Fedora 22 Update repository.
> I am not familiar with details I just can report what happens right
> now...

OK, there's no EXA support for maxwell, so you're using glamor. Before
kernel 4.1, unless you had extracted your own ctxsw firmware, you
didn't have acceleration at all, that was likely the change that
triggered the issue.

The glamor integration in nouveau is, sadly, broken. But it's unclear
whether that's the cause of your issue. You can either add

Option "NoAccel" "true"

to the device section in your xorg.conf, which will disable 2d
acceleration and bring you back to the same state you were in before,
or you can add

Driver "modesetting"

(or uninstall xf86-video-nouveau) which will use the modesetting
driver which has a non-broken glamor integration. You may still get
the same issues though, as they could just be generic
mesa-sucks-on-maxwell issues (I don't have a Maxwell GPU, no one else
has been interested in debugging/fixing issues).

  -ilia