On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 11:39 PM, C Bergström <cbergst...@pathscale.com> wrote:
> Is there any particular reason you're not using the open source NVIDIA
> Tegra drivers?
> This is what is being used for the TX1 (Sorry I don't know if it's the
> same for the TK1)
> http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p=linux-3.10.git;a=summary

That's ... not particularly helpful. Presumably non-upstream and the
fact that it's ancient are turn-offs. Either way, he seems to have a
desire to try to get nouveau going.

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:11 AM, ben <benjaminsc...@centurylink.net> wrote:
>> I hope this is a good mailing list for this problem. I have a Jetson TK1
>> board and I am trying to get the nouveau drivers running on it without
>> success. I am using the following:
>> Nouveau linux kernel 4.8.0-rc4+
>> Nouveau DRM git master
>> xf86-video-nouveau git master
>> Gnurou xserver  git branch GK20A
>> My base system is Debian.
>> When I try to start X I get:  X: drmmode_display.c:783: drmmode_crtc_init:
>> Assertion `ret == 0' failed. There is also a kernel log message: [drm]
>> Cannot find any crtc or sizes - going 1024x768

I don't think I've seen this before. The odd thing about the TK1 (and
TX1, I believe), is that the GK20A device doesn't have any display
capabilities - those are left up to tegra. Sounds like you're trying
to use the nouveau ddx as the primary, which fails as there are no
CRTC's. I believe Gnurou's xserver hacks rely on you using glamor (and
thus the modesetting xorg ddx). Is that what you're using? Can you
provide an xorg log?

Nouveau mailing list