Bug ID: 105977
Summary: Samsung screen replacement in a Dell laptop brings
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64)
OS: Linux (All)
QA Contact: xorg-t...@lists.x.org
Created attachment 138747
1) Tested on Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 17.10, Debian 8, Tails (0.2,...,6.2), Kali...
and some other Linux distributions.
2) The computer is a Dell laptop with a built-in NVIDIA Quadro FX 2500M
(identified as NVIDIA Corporation G71GLM)
3) Kernel driver in use: nouveau
4) Everything was worked fine using the nouveau driver but someday the screen
backlight failed and I have to replace the broken WUXGA+ screen with a new one,
same specifications except is a glossy screen (not matte). The screen product
numbers are almost identical (New screen: Samsung LTN170U1-L02, Old one:
5) With the new screen installed the display is corrupted as it shows in the
attached pictures. The vertical resolution (1200px) seems to be fine but the
horizontal pixels (1920x) are distributed doubling the width (the right half
out of the screen). The desktop is chopped and the screen is full of scan
flicks, errors and artifacts.
6) No issues using NVIDIA propietary driver.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Nouveau mailing list