On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 12:01 AM Karol Herbst <kher...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 11:10 PM Arnd Bergmann <a...@kernel.org> wrote:

> > > mhh, actually that breaks drivers selecting FB_BACKLIGHT as now
> > > BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE might be disabled :(
> >
> > Are you sure? It should already be the case that any driver that selects
> > FB_BACKLIGHT either 'depends on BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE'
> > or 'select BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE'.
> >
> none of the fb drivers seem to do that.

Ah, right, I see now that my randconfig series has a couple of patches
applied that deal with other random failures, including this one:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-fbdev/patch/20200417155553.675905-8-a...@arndb.de/

Part of the series went in (through different ways) now, but this one
never did.

      Arnd