On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 04:58:48 +0000
Matthew Brost <matthew.br...@intel.com> wrote:

> > For the ops structures the drm_gpuva_manager allocates for reporting the
> > split/merge steps back to the driver I have ideas to entirely avoid
> > allocations, which also is a good thing in respect of Christians feedback
> > regarding the huge amount of mapping requests some applications seem to
> > generate.
> >

> It should be fine to have allocations to report the split/merge step as
> this step should be before a dma-fence is published, but yea if possible
> to avoid extra allocs as that is always better.
>
> Also BTW, great work on drm_gpuva_manager too. We will almost likely
> pick this up in Xe rather than open coding all of this as we currently
> do. We should probably start the port to this soon so we can contribute
> to the implementation and get both of our drivers upstream sooner.

Also quite interested in using this drm_gpuva_manager for pancsf, since
I've been open-coding something similar. Didn't have the
gpuva_region concept to make sure VA mapping/unmapping requests don't
don't go outside a pre-reserved region, but it seems to automate some
of the stuff I've been doing quite nicely.