Hello nouveau team!

I installed Debian 11 on an old laptop with a Geforce 9300M graphics card. The
system starts but as soon as the session manager starts, the display is black.
If I start in “recovery mode”, ie without display manager but only a shell, the
console gets completely mixed up. I can see something is printed on the screen
(I see pixel lines, and even the colour of some systems traces), but the pixel
lines are not aligned and the content is not readable.

I also tried to set nouveau.modeset=0 on the kernel command line to boot with a
console working, I can get a shell but I don’t know what else to do to debug
the situation.

Do you have any advices on parameters I should give to the driver, or to the
system to make it works ? Since I can see pixels draw on the screen I guess
we’re not far from something working but …

Thanks,
Damien