Hmmm...

I feel obliged to comment briefly here.  LAVI and ENVI grew out of the
need for visualization during =our demonstrations.  The original
version uses a binary protocol that is similar to the OpenFlow
protocol, for ease of hacking.  After some time, LAVI was moved to a
JSON based protocol, and ENVI was not updated.  The new GUI is
compatible with the new LAVI, which ENVI will need "translation".

Hope that gives you an idea of how all these software came about.

Regards
KK