Hi Karim,

'inport' actually refers to a different thing in each case:

 * send_openflow(dpid, bufid, buf, openflow.OFPP_FLOOD, inport)

send_openflow is used to inject a packet in the network, and send it out the
'dpids's port(s) described the 4th parameter. The switch should treat the
packet as if it arrived on 'inport'. The packet actually arrives through the
openflow channel, but you use this for things like openflow.OFPP_TABLE,
where the packet will be forwarded based on the flow_table matches, in which
case it needs to have arrived on a physical port.

> * install_datapath_flow(dpid, flow, 5, 0, actions, bufid,
> openflow.OFP_DEFAULT_PRIORITY, inport, packet)

Here it is indeed what you said: it is the input port to match for this flow
entry we are installing. (after installing this entry, packets matching
'flow' arriving on 'inport' all be treated according to 'actions')