There are multiple ways that you can set up in-band control, and I believe
support varies depending on the specific type of switch you're using, so you
will probably get a better response by asking the specific switch vendor.

(By the way, your message was posted to the list like five or six times.  I am
guessing this is because you kept getting strange responses because you not
only sent to nox-dev, but to nox-dev-request.  Please send messages to the list
only to nox-dev.)

-- Murphy