Hi David,

I had thought about doing this at a later date, but I experimented a little
today to explore any issues that might arise.

The only problem I see is security. I will need to come up with some sort of
security measures so that someone could not spoof your account and add a bunch
of porno spammers to your whitelist.

I'll look into it some more and we'll see what I come up with.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Brian

On 01/07/03 6:52pm you wrote...
>Brian
>The "Add this to my whitelist" feature in the HOLD function works so well,
>why not consider this as email interface tool. That could open it up so that
>the end user could configure themselves. Send an email to the NOXMAIL
>account and it could email back a copy of the current user settings. X a box
>to set a particular feature and reply. If a feature required further choice
>the appropriate email could be returned for additional changes. X the box
>beside the "get my current whitelist" to retrieve athe list to remove a
>mistake.
>
>The postmaster or domain or group administrator could have a different set
>of email responders.
>
>A couple of years ago I experimented with something like the HOLD feature. I
>tried consolidating email addresses that failed and sent out an email. The
>customer removed the addresses that were not legitimate and replied. That
>created their whitelist although it only worked after the fact. I loved it
>then because it gave the customer all the control and it cut down on my
>work. False positives are by far my biggest problems. They take more time
>than all the work I do towards junkmail. Hunt it down, try to figure out why
>it failed, adjust, guess, sweat etc. When I adjust, did it throw something
>else out of whack. Did I loosen things up so that I get flooded. How many
>other things will I need to change to make the system run smooth again.
>Letting the customer make the choice means far fewer false positives because
>they get to make the fine adjustments.
>
>Just some thoughts.
>
>Thanks
>
>David
>

>> Hi John,
>>
>> I may leave the LOGFILEPATH setting in there but it will be
>> undocumented and
>> not supported by the remote administration program.
>>
>> Unfortunately, you can't always provide all the features everyone wants in
>> every way they want them. In your case, you probably wouldn't
>> have much of a
>> need for the remote administration features as you manage
>> everything manually.
>>
>> To make remote administration work using FTP you really have to
>> have a base
>> directory. It isn't really practical as a matter of support to
>> have hundreds
>> of different drive/path configurations to figure out.
>>
>> You could always run No-X-Mail from that partition. It doesn't
>> care where it
>> is.
>
>---
>[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Solid Oak Software]
>

>Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/nox-list%40mail.noxmail.com/
>Removal address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---