Hi,

we have now integrated azure and msdeploy in 1.5.0; functionality that
certainly isn't and probably won't be available on other platforms than
Microsoft.NET/Windows.

But still we have surrounding things. dotnet-application, for example, supports
packaging of runnables (config + exe/dll + deps) in a zip; that is available to
all platforms.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NPANDAY-493
Now, I want to create an XDT-plugin (XmlDocumentTransform) that enables
transformation of config-files in the packaging process (usually you wouldn't
like your local web.config/app.config) to be packaged unchanged.

XDT is provided by MSBuild, but there is also an alternative implementation
available, that maybe runs, or at least could be changed to run on mono, too
(http://code.google.com/p/xdt/). How much extra effort would it be worth to
choose that implementation instead of Microsofts, in order to support it on
!win?

Alternatively we could also offer XSL-transformations only. Functional, though
not as comfortable as XDT.

Anybody willing to help making XDT work on Mono?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NPANDAY-486
Then, we also think to implement MSBuild. Again, we have the option to support
Xbuild as well; does anybody want to support, doing this?

any comments?

Disclaimer: I'm not (yet) using Mono at all. Not on Windows, neither on my Mac.
_
Lars