Dancefire wrote:
> Hi,

Hi, Tao Wang!

> I know that .Net is lack of TimeZone info with the DateTime type.
> And seems that cause the Npgsql have some problem with timestamp with
> timezone.

Yes. We are looking for adding an specific datatype, something like
NpgsqlDateTime just to fix those type of problems.

> To avoid timezone issue in .Net, I convert all my DateTime value to
> UTC, and set all
> my DateTime variable's Kind property to UTC. It's works ok in my
> application. just like
> timestamp without timezone.
>
> However, when I use Npgsql insert the data to postgresql, I found all
> my DateTime value
> are read as system local timezone. It's definitly wrong, since all
> DateTime.Kind are set
> to UTC, which should be read as UTC timezone, rather than local time.

I will check that.

P.S.: Please, next time, try to use our pgfoundry forums:
http://pgfoundry.org/forum/?group_id=1000140

This list on gborg isn't much active anymore. Also, on our foruns you
can get better feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
http://fxjr.blogspot.com
Npgsql Lead Developer
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/npgsql
Mono Project Contributor
http://www.go-mono.com
MonoBrasil Project Founder Member
http://monobrasil.softwarelivre.org

- --
 - Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
 - That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
                -- Lewis Carroll "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"