________________________________

From: Damon Oliver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 11:32 AM
To: Oliver, Damon
Subject: FW: [The P.M.M.] Prince London Press Coverage

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6635673.stm>

Prince to play 21 London concerts

US performer Prince is to play 21 concerts in London this summer, his only
European dates of the year.

He is to spend a week at the O2 arena - formerly the Millennium Dome - with
tickets priced at £31.21, a reference to his album 3121.

He will also play at a number of far smaller venues to make seeing him
"affordable for everybody".

The 48-year-old, known for hits such as Kiss and Raspberry Beret, has
prepared
150 songs to perform on the tour.

And he hopes to be joined on stage by soul singer Amy Winehouse, having
declared himself a big fan.

"I love London," he explained at a press launch. "I've had some of my
favourite shows here."

An "extended stay" had been arranged because during his last tour in London -
in October 2002 - "a lot of people didn't get to see me".

Prince - who famously changed his name to a squiggle symbol in the 1990s
after
falling out with his record label - added that he would be house-hunting in
the British capital.

"As soon as I leave here I'm going to look for a place to live," he told
journalists.

Tickets for the O2 arena gigs, the first of which will be on 1 August, go on
sale on Friday at 0900 BST.

        Peace & B Wild!!