Yea, Prince could bang out some serious funky-soul-blues on any of the
subjects you mentioned.  Any of our starring female lushes, LL, PH, NR, or
BS would be great material ('Only put their initials because they get more
than enough publicity as it is!) Picking up any tabloid or newswire story
would do...they're so many to select! "How to get more PR bang Hollywood
style"... song lyrics? "Intoxicated Ladies Feed Appetites That Like it
Shady".  Yes, it's been a long day, I'm buggin'.

June

<Moderator: Social commentary would be nice. Like a said before go out be
with the real people. Maybe a retreat in a forigen country some place.
Become more world. His Theological view don't work for everyone and they are
all over the place.

But Yeah I am exhausted didn't sleep welll going to bed..... -Derek>

             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ntial.com
             Sent by:                  npny@lists.panix.com
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             panix.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: NPNY: Planet Earth Anyone Buy
                                       It?
             Wed 07/25/2007
             12:20 PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    com

       Some great points have been made. Prince's music today is certainly
not the quality it was in the past, and he surely can use some creative
inspiration. The recent stuff is average. I still love him for his
outrageousness, and believe he'll find "the muse" he needs. Let's just
consider this era of his music a bit of down time for his Royal Badness.
His live appearances and performances still kick & have stood the test of
time. Peace.

June

<Moderator: you know Prince already has a wealth of personal experinces to
sing about but he doesn't choose to for some reason. He could sing about
stuff like:

1. get divorced for the 2nd time and legal proceedings
2. Moviestar friends and drug use
or my favorite
3. It's hard to find clothin' my size and I'm a dude.

I think these are all things we could all be associate with. You know
connect on another level with our hero :-D  -Derek>
              "Lockhart, Daryle
              [GSM]"
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
              lmedia.com>               <npny@lists.panix.com>
                                                                         cc
              Sent by:
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
              panix.com                 Re: NPNY: Planet Earth Anyone Buy
                                        It?

              Wed 07/25/2007
              11:25 AM

              Please respond to
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                     com

You know, this is a brilliant point. A Muse. A LOT of artists we love need
new muses. It's like when Stevie Wonder had Syreeta around, his work was
incredible! Nowadays, we get "What The Fuss".

I wonder, though, is Prince's best muse himself or us? His live shows are
hands down great, and that's been pretty consistent for 30 years. It's the
RECORDED work that seems to vary in quality. Maybe he needs to  record all
of his future albums live?

<Moderator: The lack of a good muse would explain the less the weak lyric
righting, because he has definitely had some good musicians around [expect
Morris Hayes :-P]  -Derek>