From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of loven happiness
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:20 AM
To: NPNY
Subject: NPNY: Another American Idol Tie In?

I saw a couple of American Idol concerts (yeah well, it was fun), and
was
surprised to hear the top 10 perform the chorus of Prince's America a
few
times, as an addendum to another song. I wonder if he knows they are
using
his
song?

I doubt it is a copyright violation  (not that I have an actual clue)
but given Prince's proclivity, don't you imagine he'd think so?

<Moderator: It's legal to perform cover as long as the license fees are
paid
from what I understand....

Interesting side note that those Karaoke Joints have to pay licensing
fees
for the music so I am guessing it's the same premise  -Derek>