FYI Many of you have talked about ways to link your educational (and other
agency) data bases so I want to alert you to a grant program. Check out
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/pdf/E8-14534.pdf

This June 26, 2008 Federal Register includes an Institute of Education
Sciences RFP for states to develop statewide longitudinal data systems. The
purpose is to develop statewide longitudinal data systems and promote the
generation and accurate and timely use of data that are needed to: (1)
comply with the ESEA and other reporting requirements, and (2) facilitate
analyses and research to improve student academic achievement and close
achievement gaps.

Applications are due September 25, 2008; the grant period is 2-5 years;
estimated size of awards ranges from $3-9 million.

Estimated number of awards: The President has requested $100 million for
this program for FY 09 and intends to make available $94 million for new
statewide longitudinal data systems grant awards. The IES is inviting
applications so it will be prepared to make awards once the final
appropriations bill is enacted (this may not happen until we have a new
president.)  The number of grants to be awarded is dependent upon quality of
applications submitted.

I hope your summers are off to a good start! Jane

Jane Falls, Coordinator
National Post-School Outcomes Center
1268 University of Oregon
541-346-0354 phone
541-34-0322 fax
http://www.psocenter.org

Learn about NPSO products, services and events plus connect other state
experts!
Subscribe to our NPSO list  at http://www.psocenter.org/cofp.html#email

<<image.gif>>