From: Deanne Unruh <dkun...@uoregon.edu>
To: npsoserv@lists.uoregon.edu
Cc: Ryan Kellems <rkell...@ku.edu>
Sent: Wed, April 28, 2010 3:14:38 PM
Subject: [NPSO]: News at the National Post-School Outcomes Center

The National Post-School Outcome Center (NPSO) is announcing staff updates for
the NPSO. First, we would like to congratulate and welcome to the NPSO team
Charlotte Alverson and Ryan Kellems. We are hiring these two dynamic and
qualified individuals through the national search for knowledge development and
technical assistance positions with the NPSO. Brief bios are provided below.

Second, with sadness and yet well-wishes, we are announcing that Jane Falls,
NPSO co-director, will take a new position this summer with the Springfield
School District in Oregon as the Principal for Gateways Alternative Schooland
in addition work with the district creating options for students challenged by
current comprehensive high school structures including drop out prevention and
recovery strategies. She will be missed but we value her choice to work
directly with youth and schools. Her dedication, expertise, and joyfulness will
be missed.
Brief Bios:
Charlotte Alversonis currently a research associate for the NPSO and Secondary
Special Education and Transition (SSET) research unit.  She completed her Ph.D.
from the UO in 2008 in Special Education. She has provided product development
and technical assistance activities to the NPSO for the last five years and
brings a wealth of practical experience as a former special education teacher
and administrator. Her research and TA interests include post-school outcomes,
secondary special education programming for students with moderate and severe
disabilities, and program evaluation.
Jane Fallshas dedicated twenty-four years to the TACS/WRRC and NPSO in
designing, coordinating and delivering targeted high quality technical
assistance (TA) and product development for State Special Education Agencies in
all states and jurisdictions related to a variety of topics including:
secondary and transition programs; systems to collect and use post-school
outcome data to improve services for youth with disabilities; Individual
Education Programs; self-determination; family engagement; general and special
education collaboration; State Improvement Grants/comprehensive systems of
personnel development; and State Performance Plans and Annual Performance
Reports.

Ryan Kellemsis currently a doctoral candidate at the University of Kansas in
Special Education where he has been the recipient of an OSEP funded doctoral
leadership grant focused on transition and has worked with the Kansas
Department of Education State Improvement Grants and will graduate in July
before joining the NPSO.  His dissertation examines the use of video iPods to
teach young adults with autism vocational skills.  Ryan is a former high school
social studies and special education teacher who brings a variety of transition
related knowledge and skills to the NPSO in addition to his love of technology.
Respectfully,
Deanne Unruh

Deanne Unruh, Ph.D.
NPSO, Co-Director