Hi Dheepa,

One way of reducing the signal range is to set an appropriate value of
the receiving threshold in the network interface (in your tcl script),
i.e

Phy/WirelessPhy set RXThresh_ <value>

A separate C program is provided at
~ns/indep-utils/propagation/threshold.cc to compute the receiving
threshold. You have to compiled it, then you can use the executable to
compute the threshold as follows:

threshold -m <propagation-model> [other-options] distance

Ex:

threshold -m Shadowing -r 0.95 50.

Here the propagation model is Shadowing, the communication range is
set to 50m, and 0.95 is the rate of correctly received packets.

More details can be found in ns_manual.

Hope this helps.

Bye.