Hello every body,

I am very happy to find that ZigBee MAC (with a narrowband physical layer) is
implemented in ns-2.28. But there is no code that deals with an UWB physical
layer. In my research I want to use IEEE 802.15.4a channel model based on Ultra
Wide Band (UWB). This is where things become messy; the interference model in
ns-2 of ZigBee is not adapted for a wideband channel. It is written for a
narrowband channel with the assumption that only one nodes transmit at the same
time. This what I want to change. Basically, I want to craete a code that does
the following: (1) take into account the fact that you can have several
transmission at the same time and (2) offer several rates.
Now taking into account the fact that several packet can be on the channel at
the same time, when a packet is received at a destination, the BER is
calculated (to be precise, packet error rate is calculated given PPM modulation
and a channel code and the BER function table) and then a coin is tossed in
order to accept or reject the packet.
ZigBee PHY layer is defined in (p802_15_4phy.{h, cc}) while the MAC layer is
defined in (p802_15_4mac.{h, cc}). I found that I should make changes to the
(p802_15_4phy.{h, cc}) files to calculate the BER, check if the packet is
properly received and if yes, give it to the MAC layer.

MY QUESTIONS ARE:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you agree with what is said above? If Yes, Which functions should I modify
to do so? Or do you have some code that is available to the public?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Best Regards,
Samer Bali
    M.Sc.-EE. Samer Bali

    Institut für Kommunikationstechnik
    (ehemals: Institut für Allgemeine Nachrichtentechnik)
    Universität Hannover
    Appelstrasse 9A
    D-30167 Hannover

    Tel: +49-511-762-2841