Hello,

the attached example script is for network emulation, but you should be able to use the error modeling for a simulation as well.

The lines 55 - 62 create an object in each node for error modeling. It drops 1 percent of the packets.

proc UniformErr {} {
   set err [new ErrorModel]
   $err unit packet
   $err set rate_ 0.01
   $err ranvar [new RandomVariable/Uniform]
   $err drop-target [new Agent/Null]
   return $err
}

Line 89

-IncomingErrProc UniformErr

is also important. It is more realistic to use IncommingErrProc, because in this case each node determines whether it receives a packet or not on its own. Therefore a subset of all nodes around receive a packet. In the case of OutgoingErrProc all the nodes around either receive a packet or not.

Regards,
Svilen

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dear ns users,

Would you please send me examples for Error modeling in ns-22.9.

how to model that with wireless nodes.

The ns tutorial is not good enough.

thank you in advance.
Regards

| M.Sc. Svilen Ivanov                      |
| Institute for Distributed Systems (IVS)  |
| Otto-von-Guericke University - Magdeburg |
| http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~svilen/  |