Hi,

On Friday 10 March 2006 09:34, cp kothari wrote:
> hi anyone tried Shadowing propagation model on ns2. i am getting lots of
> ri\outing overhead in case shadowing model? please reply with details.

I use the Shadowing model for all my WLAN simulations because FreeSpace and
TwoRayGround are very unrealistic. Compared with these models you will notice a
higher routing overhead because you get links with loss probabilities between 0
and 1. This is not a bug, its a feature. Many protocol suffer from the fact
that they do not consider link quality.

You will find some results in
Stepanov et al. "On the Impact of radio Propagation Models on MANET Simulation
Results", MWCN 2005.

Daniel.
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Mahrenholz, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Homepage: http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~mahrenho