No.

The operation of backoff decrement in 802.11e EDCA is significantly
different from 802.11 DCF.

In DCF, transmission occurs whenever the backoff counters reach zero.

In EDCA, however, transmission occurs on the first slot boundary after
the backoff counter has reached zero.

STAs wait for a further AIFS expiration if only the medium is busy.

As I said, at slot boudaries, decrement of backoff timer and
initiation of transmission can not be performed simultaneously.

Jongman Heo.

--
Jongman Heo