Sasan Sahraei schrieb:
> transmission range defined internally by distCST_

This is only the maximum assumed interference range for a propagation
model and will be used to speed up the calculation of packet receivers.

> the transmission range is suppose to be calculated using the parameted
> below (as you mentioned) and propagation model however by looking at the
> Wireless Physical code, the propagation model is not implemented yet and
> thus the result is as -1 which is wrong.

You have various implemented propagation models (e.g. FreeSpace,
TwoRayGround, Shadowing). Maybe you just look at the base class for all
propagation models.

The transmission range is defined by the antennas of the transmitter AND
the receiver, the transmission power, signal attenuation, modulation
scheme (which results in different receiver sensitivities / RX
treshhold) and so on. It is nothing you can compute solely by looking on
the transmitter.

Just as a little example: two laptops equiped with usual WLAN interface
adapters may have a transmission range of 300m in an open area. But with
good external antennas you can boost this whithout amplification up to
150km (http://www.wifi-shootout.com/).

As a personal advice for every WLAN simulation - use the Shadowing (or
better) propagation model if possible. I can provide ready to use
parameter sets for different environments if necessary.

Daniel.