Another way is  through 'for' loop, but make sure you
break up this code (the one to be repeated) as one (or
multiple) subroutines ('procs in tcl') written outside
the 'for' loop.

The code can then be repeatedly called at specific
time intervals using $ns at <time> <"subroutine" or
"proc"> from a 'for' loop. Time can be incremented
appropriately in each run of for loop.

But you must be careful to set the times (at which the
code is being called as non-overlapping) and the final
'finish' procedure to be called at a time when you
have finished invoking these sub-routines ('procs').

It worked for me, I 'm not sure about your exact
requirements, but you can be able to update the
variables in each run of the 'for' loop as you desire.
BUT be careful while 'for' loops are stable, 'while'
loops take much more effort in coding!

Cheers.