Dear Qihe,

Now I've succeeded to install ns-allinone-2.29 in Fedora Core 5! :-)

For a non-Linux expert like me it was not obvious to install the X
development libraries. Once I did that, your patch worked fine on a
non-modified ns-allinone-2.29 in Fedora Core 5.

1. install the packages in the X Software Development packages
(Applications==>Add/Remove Software==>Development==>X Software
Development - by default 35 of 43 packages were selected and that worked
fine!)
2. get a fresh ns-allinone-2.29.2.tar.gz from www.sourceforge.net
(search for nsnam)
3. > wget http://www.ececs.uc.edu/~cdmc/ucbt/src/ns2292-gcc410.patch
4. > tar -zxvf ns-allinone-2.29.2.tar.gz
5. > patch -p0 < s2292-gcc410.patch
6. > cd ns-allinone-2.29
7. > ./install

If anybody has patches for other ns-2 versions (especially ns-2.26),
please let me know!

Kind regards
Ali

Qihe Wang wrote:

> The patch is supposed to "work on a non-modified ns-allinone-2.29 in
> Fedora Core 5 (with gcc 4.1.0)".
>
> Can Anyone else confirm it, suppose you have installed X development
> libraries?
>
> Regards,
> Qihe
>
> On Thu, 18 May 2006, Ali Hamidian wrote:
>
>> Dear Qihe,
>>
>> I did exactly as you describe below when I got the error message. To
>> be sure, I did it one more time just now with the same result:

>> /home/alexh/ns-2/ns-allinone-2.29/tk8.4.11/unix/../generic/tk3d.c:334:
>> warning: control reaches end of non-void function
>> make: *** [tk3d.o] Error 1
>> tk8.4.11 make failed! Exiting ...
>> For problems with Tcl/Tk see http://www.scriptics.com
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ns-allinone-2.29]$
>>

>> So it seems the patch doesn't work on a non-modified ns-allinone-2.29
>> in Fedora Core 5 (with gcc 4.1.0).
>>
>> Any comments anyone?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Ali
>>
>> Qihe Wang wrote:
>>
>>> Ali,
>>>
>>> The steps to apply the patch:
>>>
>>> 1. get a fresh ns-allinone-2.29.2.tar.gz from sf.net.
>>> 2. wget http://www.ececs.uc.edu/~cdmc/ucbt/src/ns2292-gcc410.patch
>>> 3. tar zxvf ns-allinone-2.29.2.tar.gz
>>> 4. patch -p0 < s2292-gcc410.patch
>>> 5. cd ns-allinone-2.29