Daniel,

1)  I applied ns_2.28-4.diff to ns_2.28.orig, and had an error when trying
to compile.  When I attempted a make after configure, I got the following
error:

$ make

c++ -c  -DTCP_DELAY_BIND_ALL -DNO_TK -DTCLCL_CLASSINSTVAR  -DNDEBUG
-DUSE_SHM -D

HAVE_LIBTCLCL -DHAVE_TCLCL_H -DHAVE_LIBOTCL1_9 -DHAVE_OTCL_H -DHAVE_LIBTK8_4
-DH

AVE_TK_H -DHAVE_LIBTCL8_4 -DHAVE_TCL_H  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNS_DIFFUSION
-DSMAC_NO

_SYNC -DCPP_NAMESPACE=std -DUSE_SINGLE_ADDRESS_SPACE -Drng_test -I.
-I/usr/ns-al

linone-2.29/tclcl-1.17 -I/usr/ns-allinone-2.29/otcl-1.11
-I/usr/ns-allinone-2.29

/include -I/usr/ns-allinone-2.29/include -I/usr/include/pcap -I./tcp
-I./sctp -I

./common -I./link -I./queue -I./adc -I./apps -I./mac -I./mobile -I./trace
-I./ro

uting -I./tools -I./classifier -I./mcast -I./diffusion3/lib/main
-I./diffusion3/

lib -I./diffusion3/lib/nr -I./diffusion3/ns -I./diffusion3/filter_core
-I./asim/

 -I./qs -I./diffserv -I./wpan -o gea/gea.o gea/gea.cc

gea/gea.cc:1:21: gea/API.h: No such file or directory

gea/gea.cc:3: error: `gea' has not been declared

gea/gea.cc:3: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion
before

 "GEA"

gea/gea.cc:3: error: expected `,' or `;' before "GEA"

make: *** [gea/gea.o] Error 1

2)  It looks like the patched version is missing a file.  I then tried using
gea source (libgea_1.1) instead of gea directory of the patch, and got the
following error when performing make:

$ make

make: *** No rule to make target `gea/gea.cc', needed by `gea/gea.o'.  Stop.

I'm obviously doing something wrong here, but I don't know what.  What steps
are required to compile ns with gea?

Regards,

Jeff S.